Sign Up for our online eNewsletter and keep up on the latest industry and shop new.
Post Time - 5:39 PM Post By - admin
Why is it Important to Have an Alignment.
Most people don’t think about a wheel alignment. There is more to maintaining a car other than an oil change. There are many reasons why you should ensure your wheels are accurately aligned. Not only does it improve both the performance and longevity of your tires, but it also prevents unexpected accidents from the everyday abuse tires take on the road during travel. Wheels often become misaligned by hitting potholes, bumps, curbs, driving on uneven surfaces and through general wear and tear. It is therefore essential to maintain accurate alignment of your wheels, to ensure their quality and performance remains optimal. Here some other reasons why it is very important you pay attention to having good alignment on your vehicle:
- Increase Fuel Efficiency. When your automobile isn’t aligned correctly, your wheels aren’t working together the way that they should. Because of this, your vehicle’s engine has to work a lot harder to propel you forward, and this reduces your car’s fuel efficiency.
- Reduce Expensive Auto Repairs. Driving with a bad alignment causes the parts in your car to wear unevenly and prematurely. Each time you hit a pothole or bump in the road, your steering and suspension systems take a hit. When your tires aren’t evenly helping with the impact, certain areas of these systems take the hit harder than others, causing them to break down sooner than they should. If they break down completely, you’re faced with an expensive auto repair service that could have been avoided.
- Experience Smoother Driving. When your car’s wheel alignment is off you will usually notice that your automobile drifts slightly to the right or left even though your steering wheel is aimed straight ahead. Constantly adjusting your steering to overcompensate for bad alignment is tiring, inefficient, distracting and dangerous!
- Improve Vehicle Safety. Properly maintaining your car, truck, SUV, minivan or hybrid vehicle helps it to run better. It also keeps you from running into unexpected car issues that could leave you stranded on the side of the road. Don’t put off getting your wheels aligned until it’s too late.
- Increase the Life of Your Tires. Your tires are expensive and important. They wear out a lot quicker when you don’t get regular wheel alignments. When you align your tires, and they are working together in harmony, they will take you a lot further and you won’t have to buy new tires sooner than you need to.
What is a Wheel Alignment?
Wheel alignment refers to the angle of your wheels in comparison to each other and the body of your vehicle. Wheel alignment is adjusted by altering the vehicle’s suspension. It is recommended that you get a wheel alignment check at least every 10,000km, as well as if you experience a change in the handling of your vehicle. The angle of your wheels can become skewed over time causing various changes to your driving experience. Warning signs that it is time to get your wheel alignment checked:
- Uneven tread wear
- A steering wheel that is off-center when driving straight
- Vehicle pulling off to the left or right
Need Wheel Alignment Services in the Fulton/Montgomery Counties?
Brown’s Collision and Brown’s Collision & Coachworks is family-owned and operated and has been providing the Fulton/Montgomery counties and surrounding Capital Region communities automotive repair needs for over half a century! As a third-generation family-owned business, you will experience the difference from the first point of contact throughout your entire automotive experience.
Both locations offer wheel alignment services. Using state of the art technology, Tires Specialists at our shops are able to accurately determine exactly how much adjustment is required and apply accordingly. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment to get your car back to proper alignment. Call our Johnstown location at 518.762.5100 or Amsterdam location at 518.843.3181.